Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Sjogren's Experience Interview

I'm looking forward to participating in this Sunday's Cross Talk Radio online program entitled The Sjogren's Experience. It's hosted by Shirley Gutkowski and will be online, found here, at 1 pm Central time on Sunday, March 30th. (I have to keep reminding myself that this is actually 11 am Pacific time.) It will be available as a podcast after the live broadcast. I am only one of several Sjogren's syndrome patients being interviewed, and as always when participating in a Sjogren's-themed event, I think that I will find hearing other patients' experiences extremely interesting.

If you would like to call in to speak to Shirley during the interview, the number to call is (646) 595-2938. And completely disregard the dopey picture of me that comes up on the screen. I can't believe that's the one I chose to send in. I was sitting on the floor of our rec room AKA the Bearded Dog Pub when it was taken. Dang. It's probably too late to submit Terese's picture of me photoshopped into a Batman body, which would have been a far superior choice....ah, well.


As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the topics that I anticipate discussing with Shirley is the importance of having and being a mentor when living with chronic illness. I would love to be able to share not only my experiences with incredible people who have been a mentor to me, but also yours as well.

So: What is your definition of healthy "sick" behavior? Who has modeled healthy "sick" behaviors for you? How do you model this behavior for others? Please -- share with me, so that I can share with others.

Thanks.

No comments:

ShareThis