Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ask Sjogrens Forum


Sjogrens Forum: Living Well With Sjogrens, one of the links listed on my sidebar, is a goodie.

Dr. Nancy Carterton, co-author of the excellent book A Body Out of Balance; Understanding and Treating Sjogren's Syndrome, is also one of the authors of the Sjogren's Forum site.

Among the many reasons that Sjogren's Forum is a site worth bookmarking is that it provides an opportunity for sjoggies to ask Dr. Carterton direct questions.

Why would a sjoggie want to ask Dr. Carterton a question? Read this from Sjogrens Forum:
     Nancy Carteron, Physician. Author. Researcher. Mentor. Health Advocate.  Each of these describes Dr. Carteron.  With a specialty in autoimmune disease, Dr. Carteron maintains a consultative private practice located at the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco.   She is a member of the Clinical Faculty at the University of California San Francisco, and is also a member of the Heart and Liver Transplant team, which assists with autoimmune and immunodeficiency disorders.
     An accomplished researcher, Dr. Carteron has been a Clinical Investigator in numerous studies of new biologic agents for autoimmune disease. Additionally, she has performed extensive studies in the areas of Immunology, Molecular Virology, and Cellular Immunology at the Medical Centers of both Johns Hopkins University and the University of California San Francisco. Her findings have appeared in numerous medical journals and publications.
My goodness. What a great resource.

How interesting to read other sjoggies' questions and Dr. Carterton's answers, since many of us may have similar concerns. If you would like to ask Dr. Carterton an question, submit it here.

2 comments:

Leslie at SugarAndSpiceADK. said...

Thank you so much for this, Julia...I just sent Dr. Carterton a question regarding my neurological issues with Sjogren's (episodes of extreme itching, all over). Looking forward to her response!

ShEiLa said...

I decided I had a few minutes before heading out to the doctor this morning and clicked on your post... from there clicked over to the forum. It is amazing just how many of these questions I have had at one time or another.

I appreciate you highlighting this... and I will have to come back and read more later. I have been spending lots of time on the Sjogrens.org anyway... so many questions???

My hubby's advice before he walked out the door to work today... Please don't be disappointed if there isn't a magic fix. I think in the back of my mind I always hope for that.

ToOdLeS.

ShareThis