Sunday, August 15, 2010

I'm Going To Start Counting Them

I thought two baby octopus sightings on a dinner plate in one summer was plenty.

Apparently, two isn't enough.

John and I went out for lunch today at a Chinese restaurant. We ordered Happy Family Yuk - a mixture of various seafood, chicken and beef with seasonal vegetables. Yum.

I was eating with gusto until........(imagine ominous music here)....duh duh DUH!!!


Another tentacle sighting. Bleah. Blindsided. I was so NOT prepared for another octopi infested dish.


Maybe instead of actively avoiding these things, I should start counting them. I think I'll try to figure out how to put up a slide show on my sidebar.....

Check it out. It's labeled Tentacle Ticker, and I'll keep adding pictures if I'm unfortunate enough to continued to be served them.

Oh - hey! Will you send your octopus sightings to me? I'll add them to the slide show!

3 comments:

sue said...

Do grocery stores count because they had them at the fresh fish counter. They are neat to watch when they are alive but I don't like to see them dead, especially on my dinner plate.

stephanie said...

So, Julia, I don't remember you mentioning it before, but have you actually tried eating the little buggers? Honestly, I wouldn't steer you wrong; they're yummy. Maybe if you try them now and then, and igntore the thought, you'll discover you really love them! I know I do.

Julia Oleinik said...

Sue - yes, definitely fresh counts. Send me a pic!

Stephanie - John says they're yummy too. But I.....I can't get past the whole tentacle thing. Maybe if I was blindfolded.......

ShareThis