Tuesday, April 20, 2010

MmmmmmmmMango



Terese and I concocted an exceptionally delicious adult beverage last weekend.

We dumped a bag of frozen mango chunks into a blender. I can't remember the size of the bag, sorry. But it filled the blender container about 2/3 full.

Then, we added some pre-mixed margarita to the blender.


I think this is the kind we used.

Then we kept blending and adding more margarita mix until we had a yummy slushy frozen mango margarita. Tasty. And since the fruit was frozen, we didn't need to add any of that nasty old ice which would have diluted everything.

Terese and I are sure that mango margaritas are a health tonic. We certainly felt good after sipping one of these sweet and frosty drinks.

You can read about the benefits of moderate alcohol consumption here. And how healthy mangos are here.

Don't be drinking one of these if you are taking certain medications or have other health issues which require alcohol abstinence. You can read about the contraindications of alcohol consumption here.


Margarita image found here.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I am loving your reasoning! Now, I just need to come up with some good reasoning for me to be drinking my Kalua drinks! Ha ha

stephanie said...

Last week I read that "experts" say that ethanol (found in beer and liquor) has qualities that reduce inflammation. I don't know if that's true, but it sounds good to me! :-)

Anonymous said...

Alcohol does have effect on inflamation, that's why I try not to drink too much, I don't want to get the abbit.
But the cocktail sound good, for a special occassion.

ShareThis