Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sisterhood of the.....

traveling flamingos? Yup. 

We are having lots of fun with this. 

A couple of years ago, I read an article about the small company that makes those plastic flamingo lawn ornaments seen on kitschy lawns everywhere. The article said that this company was going out of business and the original pink flamingo was not going to be manufactured anymore. I wish I could remember the name of that company......

The article prompted me to be on the watch for a package of these beauties, and I snagged a pair at the local discount store. It didn't take long for us to realize that the splendor of our flamingos was too good to contain, so we decided to share the wealth.

Our little flock managed to migrate to a friend's pond.  They must have enjoyed the change of scenery, because since that first adventure, the pair has been sighted in the darndest places. 

I believe they were last seen heading to the Canadian border with some college kids. 

If you see them, tell them to write or call home. Unless they need money. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw them in las Vegas with Elvis!!

ShareThis